Arapahoe Rescue Patrol
Spring 2023 Application
For your application to be considered for selection for our spring 2023 class, it must be received no later than Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 by 7:00 PM MDT.
Prospective members and their parents are strongly encouraged to join one of the following recruiting meetings for a brief presentation about our operations, team structure and requirements for membership.
Please join us at one of our recruiting meetings:
Recruiting meeting #1 – Saturday, March 4th, 2023 at 9:00AM – 10:30AM
South Metro Logistics Warehouse
Recruiting meeting #2 – Wednesday, March 8th, 2023 at 7:00PM – 8:30PM
Troy Jackson Fire Training Center
2301 West Chenango Ave. , Littleton
In order to be considered for probationary membership with the Arapahoe Rescue Patrol, Inc. the following requirements must be met:
● Applicants must have sufficient experience in the mountains – either in camping, hiking, scouting, hunting, or other outdoor activities.
● Applicants must be willing, if accepted, to follow orders of superiors, as well as the rules and regulations of the Arapahoe Rescue Patrol.
● Applicants must agree to respond to missions of the Patrol at any time – day or night.
● Applicants must agree to attend all required monthly meetings and field trainings, as well as any other activities, deemed required by the Patrol Officer Staff.
● Applicants must live close enough to the Patrol Headquarters, 6529 South Broadway in Littleton, CO – to be able to arrive at headquarters within a reasonable amount of time to assist at the time a call is received. Generally, a thirty-minute driving time is acceptable.
● Applicants must agree to maintain school grades according to the Patrol grade policy. Currently, our standards specify that 2 “D’s” or 1 “F” are unacceptable.
● Applicants must agree to maintain Patrol standards, which govern school relations, community conduct, and personal habits so members will not bring discredit upon the patrol or any of its members.
● Applicants must agree to purchase all necessary equipment and uniforms and to provide the necessary expense for transportation and food on training activities and missions.
● Applicants MUST be able to attend ALL BASIC TRAINING as described below, no exceptions will be made:
- May 13th, 2023 (Saturday) — In-town Basic Training (9:00AM – 4:00PM) // There will also be a new parent meeting taking place on this date as well. More details TBA
- June 9th – June 11th, 2023 (leaving Friday afternoon and returning Sunday afternoon) — Basic Training 1 – all weekend field training
- June 13th – June 16th, 2023 (Daily from 9:00AM – 4:00PM) – Search and Rescue school classroom training
- June 23rd – June 25th, 2023 (leaving Friday afternoon and returning Sunday afternoon) — Basic Training 2 – all weekend field training
- August 4th, 2023 (Friday) – 9:00 AM – 5:00PM – Wilderness First-Aid certification – day 1 of 2
- August 5th, 2023 (Saturday) – 9:00AM – 5:00PM — Wilderness First-Aid certification – day 2 of 2
Upon completion of the application, you will be asked to pay a $150.00 application fee in the manner selected. This application fee is to cover the cost of equipment including Personal Safety Equipment, Required Uniform, Identification, and Name Plate.
For your application to be considered, you will also be asked to complete a background check through a 3rd party service. This background check will cost $24.99 and is to be completed by the application deadline. Information on how to complete this background check will be given at the end of this application and will be included in your application confirmation email.
Note: Application progress will not save, you must complete it in its entirety or you will lose your progress. To make your application process easier, before starting the application, you may want to prepare some items needed for your application. You will be asked for the following:
- Drivers License Information (If Applicable)
- Parent / Legal Guardian information
- 3 References from each of the following: (Please have their name, phone number, and position ready)
- One school teacher
- One school administrator
- One member of the community
- A recent photo of yourself (.jpg/.png file is required)
- Photo of your school transcript (.jpg/.png file is required, cannot be a .pdf file)
- Short answer responses to the following prompts
- Please list any backcountry experience that you have had (hiking, camping, scouts, etc.) as well as any special skills or special training that might be applicable (first aid, scuba, rock climbing, etc.)
- Explain your reasons for wanting to join the Arapahoe Rescue Patrol, Inc. Include what you have to offer to the team and what you seek to gain from your membership.