Arapahoe Rescue Patrol
Spring 2020 Application
Please read this page in its entirety before starting the application. If you have any questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For your application to be considered for selection for our spring 2020 class, it must be received no later than Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 by 7:00 PM MDT.
Due to the statewide “Shelter in place” order, we have moved our recruiting meetings online:
Prospective members and their parents are strongly encouraged to join one of the following web-based meetings for a brief presentation about our operations, team structure and requirements for membership.
Please join us at one of our meetings:
Monday, March 30th, 2020 @ 7:00PM
Register in advance for this meeting at: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/v5UpceqqqDkoDPFljMhPIPzZcUJRG1wbXA
Saturday, April 4th, 2020 @ 9:00AM
Register in advance for this meeting at: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcvcO6qpjorazN92MF3gbvFiLdsi5Of1g
In order to be considered for probationary membership with the Arapahoe Rescue Patrol, Inc. the following requirements must be met:
● Applicants must have sufficient experience in the mountains – either in camping, hiking, scouting, hunting, or other outdoor activities.
● Applicants must be willing, if accepted, to follow orders of superiors, as well as the rules and regulations of the Arapahoe Rescue Patrol.
● Applicants must agree to respond to missions of the Patrol at any time – day or night.
● Applicants must agree to attend all required monthly meetings and field trainings, as well as any other activities, deemed required by the Patrol Officer Staff.
● Applicants must live close enough to the Patrol Headquarters, 6529 South Broadway in Littleton, CO – to be able to arrive at headquarters within a reasonable amount of time to assist at the time a call is received. Generally, a thirty-minute driving time is acceptable.
● Applicants must agree to maintain school grades according to the Patrol grade policy. Currently, our standards specify that 2 “D’s” or 1 “F” are unacceptable.
● Applicants must agree to maintain Patrol standards, which govern school relations, community conduct, and personal habits so members will not bring discredit upon the patrol or any of its members.
● Applicants must agree to purchase all necessary equipment and uniforms and to provide the necessary expense for transportation and food on training activities and missions.
● Applicants MUST be able to attend ALL BASIC TRAINING as described below, no exceptions will be made:
May 9th, 2020 (Saturday) – In-town Basic Training – 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
June 12th, 2020, thru June 14th, 2020 (Friday – Sunday) – Basic Field Training 1 – All Weekend
June 22nd, 2020, thru June 25th, 2020 – SAR School Classroom Training – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Daily
June 26th, 2020, thru June 28th, 2020 (Friday – Sunday) – Basic Field Training 2 – All Weekend
**ALL NEW MEMBERS MUST ALSO ATTEND WILDERNESS FIRST AID TRAINING AND CAN CHOOSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TWO DAY CLASSES:
1.) Session 1, Day 1 — Monday, July 6th 2020 – 9:00AM – 4:00PM AND Day 2 – Thursday, July 9th, 2020 – 9:00AM – 4:00 PM
2.) Session 2, Day 1 — Tuesday, July 21st 2020 – 9:00AM – 4:00PM AND Day 2 – Friday, July 24th, 2020 – 9:00AM – 4:00 PM
You must attend these events. To add these events to your calendar or print a downloadable page, click an option below:
Upon completion of the application, you will be asked to pay a $125.00 application fee as selected. This application fee is to cover the cost of equipment including the Patrol Handbook, Personal Safety Equipment, Identification, and Name Plate.
In addition, the members will be required to purchase their own uniform from a list of vendors, provided at the in-town basic training.
Note: Application progress will not save, you must complete it in its entirety or you will lose your progress. To make your application process easier, before starting the application, you may want to prepare some items needed for your application. You will be asked for the following:
- Drivers License Information (If Applicable)
- Parent / Legal Guardian information
- 3 References from each of the following: (Please have their name, phone number, and position ready)
- One school teacher
- One school administrator
- One member of the community
- A recent photo of yourself (.jpg/.png file is required)
- Photo of your school transcript (.jpg/.png file is required, cannot be a .pdf file)
- Short answer responses to the following prompts
- Please list any backcountry experience that you have had (hiking, camping, scouts, etc.) as well as any special skills or special training that might be applicable (first aid, scuba, rock climbing, etc.)
- Explain your reasons for wanting to join the Arapahoe Rescue Patrol, Inc. Include what you have to offer to the team and what you seek to gain from your membership.