Are you going to be a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior in High School next year? Do you like to challenge yourself both physically and mentally? The Arapahoe Rescue Patrol is looking for young adults who would be willing to make the commitment to serve their community and help those in need… So others may live!
Interested in becoming a member on the Patrol? Join us for one of our following recruiting meetings:
Look back Spring of 2020 for our next recruiting meetings!
All Meetings will be held at South Metro Fire Station 12, 6529 S. Broadway Littleton, Colorado 80120:
Our primary purpose is search and rescue, but we also assist our local fire departments and law enforcement agencies by providing scene security details, perimeter control, traffic management, operational help (controlling hose lines, changing air bottles, etc.), evidence searching, and other non-hazardous services. The Arapahoe Rescue Patrol is the designated light-duty rescue agency for the City of Littleton.
For more information you can Download our 2019 Recruiting Brochure
Want to help us recruit? Download a copy of our 2019 Recruiting Poster here to help us get the word out
For additional questions, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com
The ongoing commitment to the Patrol is “on call” status for a mission 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year as well as attendance at the monthly general meeting, the evening of the third Wednesday of the month, and one field training per month (usually the Saturday following the General). Additional optional training is scheduled periodically.
In order to be considered for probationary membership with the Arapahoe Rescue Patrol the following requirements must be met:
- The active membership is comprised of high school students between the 9th and 12th grades. The Patrol accepts new requests for membership every spring from individuals who are currently in the 8th through the 11th grades
- Applicants must have sufficient experience in the mountains – either in camping, hiking, scouting, hunting, or other outdoor activities.
- Applicants must be willing, if accepted, to follow orders of superiors, as well as the rules and regulations of the Arapahoe Rescue Patrol.
- Applicants must agree to respond to missions of the Patrol at ANY TIME – day or night.
- Applicants must agree to attend all required monthly meetings and field trainings, as well as any other activities deemed required by the Patrol officer staff.
- Applicants must live close enough to the Patrol headquarters, 6529 South Broadway in Littleton, CO – to be able to arrive at headquarters within a reasonable amount of time to assist at the time a call is received. Generally, a thirty minute driving time is acceptable.
- Applicants must agree to maintain school grades according to the Patrol grade policy.
- –Currently our standards specify 2 “D’s” or 1 “F” are unacceptable.
- Applicants must agree to maintain Patrol standards, which govern school relations, community conduct and personal habits so members will not bring discredit upon the patrol or any of its members.
- Applicants must agree to purchase all necessary equipment and uniforms and to provide the necessary expenses for transportation and food on training activities and missions.
- Applicants MUST be able to attend ALL BASIC TRAINING as described below (NO EXCEPTIONS):
- May 11, 2019 (Saturday) — “In-town basic training” – 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- June 7, 2019 thru June 9, 2019 (Friday-Sunday) — “Basic field training 1” – All weekend (leaving on Friday afternoon, returning on Sunday afternoon)
- June 11, 2019 thru June 14, 2019 (Tuesday-Friday) — “Search and Rescue academy classroom training” – 9:00AM to 4:00PM daily
- June 21, 2019 thru June 23, 2019 (Friday-Sunday) — “Basic field training 2” – All weekend (leaving on Friday afternoon, returning on Sunday afternoon)